What use are flowers?! Well, ah, but the uses of flowers are infinite!

I want to be a stage manager
Lucky for me, I am asming the first show of the year at UMD, To Be Young, Gifted and Black, a portrait of Lorraine Hansberry in her own words (adapted by Robert Nemiroff). One of my best friends at college is the sm and it opens this Thursday. This is the best group of people I've worked with. The cast is so supportive of each other, the lighting is absolutely gorgeous, and the director is fabulous.
I worked with Scot during my first ever production at UMD, Urinetown, and he is just such a wonderful teacher. He is incredibly professional but also takes into account that we are students. He takes every opportunity to teach a lesson and always brings us food and little gifts. I swear he will be 19 years old forever, I don't know how he does so much and stays so happy and energized. Although I have had no free time, it has been such a wonderful process that it does not bother me one bit.

1 comments:

Anonymous | October 23, 2008 at 10:44 PM

I just came from the performance tonight and I was touched. I am taking Thet 110 and I had to go, but I am so glad that I did. Scot is so awesome, he did a guest lecture at my class and I immediately wanted to take a course from him, hopefully i get the permission of the department!