truly, heaven must feel like this



spring awakening

it opened my heart and mind
to new people
new experiences




It was because of the first time I saw the show for my 17th birthday that I wanted to join street team
It was because of street team that my mother finally let me travel into the city by myself
It was because of street team that I met one of my best friends, Jon
It was because of Pun's kindness that led me to believe that maybe i will be successful in this industry
It was because of lunch with Pun followed by stage door that I met my hero, Johnny
It was because of my interest in Johnny's music that I got introduced to my favorite band Old Springs Pike
It was because of my love for this band and that I met the rest of the TGT: stef, kate, melissa, michelle
It was because of Spring Awakening that I became friends with Amanda, a girl who went to my high school whom I otherwise would have only been acquaintances
It was because of this bond that the seven of use share that i got through some of most emotional moments of my life
It was because of Johnny that I was introduced to Seth and the unbelievably fantastic Ragtag productions
It was because of Seth that I found Megan, the kindest, most creative, beautiful and peaceful woman I know
It was because of Megan that I wanted to be a better person
It was because of these people that I met their friends and family -- Nina, my other mother, June, beautiful caring songstress, Darcy, infectiously fabulous playwright, Jeffrey, a ray of sunshine...

the list goes on and has not stopped.
even now typing this entry, i feel as strongly about the impact this show has had on me than i did the first time i saw it.
when it closes, so will the most treasured chapter of my life
.
it has touched me beyond comprehension.

1 comments:

Anonymous | October 11, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Rachel, nothing I could ever say could express to you the full extent of what this means to me. You make me want to be a better person as well. You're dedication and selflessness. You're compassion and enthusiasm. You're such a bright light!! There is so much ahead for you. within you. all around you. I'm lucky to know YOU.