Love

If you have it, you don't need to have anything else
and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.
-Sir James M. Barrie

About once a month I get into this sulky mood where I sit there wondering why I seem to be the only person in the world who has never been in love. And I hate it. I have so many extraordinary people in my life and I know how blessed I am, but I get tired of being one of the only people I know to have never had even one relationship. I feel that it's such an important experience to have in ones life that I am just completely missing out on. My friends tell me that my time will come, and I know I'm only 18, but I'm sick of waiting. Is that selfish? Have I done something to not even deserve a try? How can I give my friends relationship advice when I've never been through one myself? I don't know where I'm going with this. I just feel the need to let out my feelings on this subject every once and a while. Do I care too much?
Maybe I'm just afraid of being alone.

0 comments: