i won't see sleep tonight

and i have to come up with more original blog titles.

having some trouble at this point in the semester.
i haven't had to write a paper over 2 pages in length all semester, so my writing skills are incredibly rusty. on a good note, i've improved my research skills immensely, so i have piles of articles, notes, etc and i find it all incredibly interesting BUT i can't seem to launch into writing my first substantial papers that are now finally coming up.
so..i'm writing here as a warm-up, i guess. thursday i have a paper due on German theatrical expressionism and the pioneer work in Murderer, The Hope of Womankind by Oskar Kokoschka. It seems my professors love to give me German stuff. Last year, all of my major projects were on Brecht and Wedekind, and now it continues. But I love it. Mother Courage is one of my favorite plays, and of course Spring Awakening....
Annnnyway...I also have to rewrite my reflection on my presentation i gave in ethnomusicology. he said it was too short. maybe because my presentation was cut short due to the fact my family came to pick me up so i could attend my aunt's funeral? i wasn't even supposed to come in to class that day, gimme a break. plus, i swear half the kids in that class don't even know how to read music.
Then, a paper on Uncle Tom's Cabin and the early pro/anti-abolitionist staging practices.
And finally, my global communities research practicum which I've chosen to write on black theatre, focusing on the two major movements from the late 1950s-late 70s (and maybe throwing in some passing strange)
And I still have to memorize those lines from Durang's 'Dentity Crisis

i i i i i identity
utah in january, please.

3 comments:

Amelia | November 12, 2008 at 12:38 AM

not to impose or anything, but i'm really into copy editing, as well as procrastinating so if you want to send me your paper when you're done I'd be happy to have a look and give suggestions.

Wow, that makes me sound really self promoting, doesn't it? It's not meant it. I just meant if you want someone to have a second look, I'd be willing to and actually would enjoy it lol, not because i'm like a better writer than anyone else or anything.

And now I stop rambling :-)But good luck though, I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Rachel | November 12, 2008 at 12:58 AM

lollol thanks amelia! i may take you up on that offer.

melissa | November 12, 2008 at 12:26 PM

than THEN than THEN than THEN