349

We did it, America. I've never felt more patriotic in my life.
Yesterday was a combination of Christmas Eve and New Years...the anticipation -- and did you see that crowd in Chicago? People hugging strangers, kissing loved ones. Absolutely perfect.
(Side note: I love Mama Biden)
finally finally FINALLY I can be 100% proud of my country again.
I have some republican friends who will not be named who hurt my heart last night:
"****is wondering why the hell the majority of Americans with a family income of over $200,000 would vote for Barack Obama!? The stupidity is unreal to me."
"**** is getting started on building that bomb shelter he's always wanted. I better start now while I still can afford it."
I will never understand. Ever. My respect for him has definitely dropped, I can't help it.
I wish I could erase all of this negativity but for now I will live in blissful ignorance because my man won the presidency. And that is cause for celebration.

1 comments:

Amelia | November 5, 2008 at 10:56 AM

i concur with everything you said here. Though I must say, what i really don't understand is how people could be undecided, or worse, indifferent.

But anyway, now is a time to celebrate, we can ponder the ignorance later. I am so so so proud to have been able to be part of this election.

What a great way to enter into the voting world!